Sunday 27 March 2011

tribal sound track!

I have spent about half an hour..again..trying to familiarize myself with the tribal tune. I noticed when downloading the tune it was 2 mins 39 secs long, so i need to pick a part of the tune which will fit within my animation which will last 20-30 secs.

The three descriptive words i am thinking of using which are inspired by the music are: king, energy and movement.

I want to create something which is totally simple yet effective. It will be challenging to do so within the timescale of 20-30 secs.




This is a track from kanye west which shows a very simple animation which is shown through drawing. I may use a simple tool of pencil, or may even use felt pens, to make it more eyecatching.




character design



I particularly like this idea! There isn't a set story on this storyboard as yet, but again, the idea is set from its beat within the soundtrack. I.E. the part of the face e.g. lips, eyes, mouth, crown starts to shake and then eventually forms onto the face. Suddenly it starts singing, then smaller versions come in and start singing, then right at the end, the lips of the king fall off.



This is a quick idea i sketched out which, to me, relates to the soundtrack. I didn't want to produce the obvious with having tribesman. I needed to take the idea of tribes out off my head and try and think of something else. I focused more on the beat and the way it changes. so i came up with the idea of having 6 small balls, and when the person in the track starts singing they start opening their mouths. eventually they form to become one person/character, and combine with the beats of the song they form different stances.

No comments:

Post a Comment