Friday 25 March 2011

quick ideas - print to pixel




These are first thoughts of what came into my mind when listening to the "tribal track".
I have kept it to a basic level, and then this will be forwarded to a wider range, then i will gradually pull towards a chosen route.
I decided to download my soundtrack onto my MP3 and play it on repeat for about 1 hour, and see what thoughts run through my head...I cam up with a simple idea of have a plasticine ball in the middle, and when the person in the track starts talking the ball starts moving side to side and when the other people start talking it jumps up and more balls come to the floor and start moving and vise-versa.


The next idea features a chicken trying to run away from a load of people who are wanting to kill it, but in the end we see the chicken with his army (of chickens) and start attacking the people. (something simple that popped up).

This idea got me thinking about the movie "city of god". This idea is very similar to the opening of city of god, where people are chasing the chicken.

The movie begins depicting chickens being prepared for a meal. A chicken escapes and an armed gang chases after it. The chicken comes to a stop between the gang and a young man named Rocket (Buscapé), who believes that the gang wants to kill him. The timeline then flashes back to ten years earlier, as Rocket tells the story of how he got himself into that position.
Another quick idea which flowed through my head was having 5 Plasticine ball models and through the music, they eventually form as one character and the character ends up slapping slat on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment